Instagram is one of the excellent influencer marketing platforms and should be a part of your next marketing campaign. Here is why:
- It has more than 700 million monthly active users
- Instagram influencer market growth is $1.6 billion and could reach more than $2 billion in 2019
- The number of projected sponsor influencer posts is 21.7 million. (mediaKix)
This is what Google Trends has to say:
- Search interest for Instagram influencers is on the rise and increased 3X over last year
On a different note, this is what charges of hiring Instagram influencers for influencer marketing look like:
- Celebrity influencers like Beyonce could charge up to a $1 million for a single post. She has a follower count of 106 million.
- Macro-influencers with a follower count of up to a million can charge up to $5000 dollars for a single post.
- Micro-influencers the type with the smallest follower count, less than 10k, can charge up to a couple of hundred dollars.
This report on eMarketer has a couple of interesting tidbits for us too:
- The vast majority of Instagram influencers are young. They fall in the 18-34-year-old range.
- This social influencer marketing field is dominated overwhelmingly by females, making up 84% of the group.
- Jibing with the above finding, the two dominant industries partnering with influencers were fashion and accessories.
Unique features of Instagram:
- Ad blocker usage is on the rise as more and more people don’t want to see pop-ups. Instagram evades these ad blockers
- Offers additional apps that can be used to create aesthetically pleasing posts
- Reposting of brands on Instagram gives access to user-generated content.
Designing a fitting Instagram campaign for your brand involves a couple of important steps first.
The first involves identifying key elements of your brand. A few questions to ask could be:
What is your industry?
Who do you intend to target with your marketing efforts? Specify age, gender, location, etc.
What do you intend to accomplish with this campaign? Is it visibility, awareness?
Do you want to work with micro-influencers or macro-influencers?
There are many influencer marketing companies available to assist. After answering key questions, the next step could be deciding what tools to use:
Do you want to hire an influencer marketing agency?
Do you want purchase influencer marketing software?
Do you want to find potential influencers through hashtags only?
If not, do you want to use an influencer search engine?
Lastly, with your objectives cleared, you can set on the execution of campaign through one of the following ways:
Either collaborate with influencers or produce yourself brand theme-specific content.
Set a posting schedule to remain consistent.Monitor user-generated content.
Maintain brand theme throughout.
Use engaging captions.
Last but not the least, interact in the comment section.